MIT System Design and Management will host TE2022, “The Future of Engineering,” at the MIT campus from July 5 to July 8, 2022. TE 2022 is the annual meeting of the International Society of Transdisciplinary Engineering and will feature participants from more than 20 countries focused on the rapid changes facing engineering today. The conference is organized across three tracks: research on engineering projects and teamwork, engineering education, and engineering practice.
This year’s conference will feature six keynote speakers:
- Richard de Neufville, Professor of Engineering Systems Institute for Data, Systems, and Society, MIT Schwarzman College of Computing
- Olivier de Weck, Apollo Program Professor of Astronautics and Engineering Systems, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Ruth Graham, higher education consultant
- Amitava ‘Babi’ Mitra, Founding Executive Director, New Engineering Education Transformation, MIT
- Christine Ortiz, Morris Cohen Professor of Materials Science and Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology; Founder, Station1
- Chandrakant D. Patel, Chief Engineer and Senior Fellow, HP
In addition to the keynote speakers, the conference will feature eighty-five papers from a wide range of academics and engineers, as well as a poster session highlighting work by current fellows in the System Design and Management program. TE 2022 will also include panels on engineering education and digital transformation led by MIT researchers. Finally, six workshops will offer participants the chance to explore topics including systems thinking, holistic approaches to engineering, and teamwork experiments on maritime industries and space exploration.
Dr. Bryan Moser, SDM academic director and conference chair, writes: “At this event, practitioners and researchers from more than 22 countries will gather to discuss the rapid changes in engineering. The connectedness of the world’s most critical systems along with rapid advancement of methods push us to ask: “How will we teach, research, and practice engineering?””
The conference is open to all. To register and to find more information about the proceedings and venue, please visit te2022.org.