MIT Systems Thinking Conference
October 23-24, 2008 at MIT
FOR INFORMATION ON THE 2010 SYSTEMS THINKING CONFERENCE, CLICK HERE.
SDM’s annual systems thinking conference provides opportunities for systems thinkers to learn practical applications from some of the world’s leading innovators from MIT and industry – as well as from each other.
Speakers at this year’s event, "Systems Thinking for Contemporary Challenges," will discuss best practices for applying systems thinking to areas that include sustainability and the environment, product design, technology strategy, entrepreneurship, and software. This two-day event has been carefully designed to provide you practical information that can be applied across industries, so that you can provide demonstrable value to your company when you return to the office.
There will be plenty of opportunity for Q&A with the speakers, as well as networking with other systems thinkers attending the conference.
As of this writing, the following speakers have been confirmed:
- Olivier de Weck, Professor of Aeronautics and Astronautics and Engineering Systems, MIT
- Patrick Hale, Director, MIT System Design and Management Fellows Program; Senior Lecturer, MIT Engineering Systems Division; President, International Council on Systems Engineering
- Nancy Leveson, Professor of Aeronautics and Astronautics and Engineering Systems, MIT
- Peter Senge, Founding Chairperson, Society for Organizational Learning; MIT Sloan Senior Lecturer; Author, The Fifth Discipline: The Art and Practice of the Learning Organization
- Yossi Sheffi, Professor of Engineering Systems; Professor of Civil and Environmental Engineering; Director, MIT Engineering Systems Division; Director, MIT Center for Transportation & Logistics; Director and Founder, Master of Engineering in Logistics Program
- Annalisa L. Weigel, Jerome C. Hunsacker Assistant Professor of Aeronautics and Astronautics and Engineering Systems, MIT
- Valerie Casey, Co-head. Software Experience Practice, IDEO; Founder, Designers Accord, a coalition of designers, educators, researchers, engineers, business consultants, and corporations who are working together to create positive environmental and social impact.
- John deVadoss, Senior Director for Technical Strategy, Microsoft Corporation
- Paul Murray, Director of Sustainability, Herman Miller
- Girish Kumar Navani, Co-founder and CEO, eClinicalWorks
- Michael Schulte, Head of Consulting Services, Capgemini
- Lee Ng, Director, New Business Creation, Agilent Technologies
- Dharmesh Shah, Founder and Chief Software Architect, HubSpot
We invite you to join us on October 23-24, 2008! Details and registration information can be accessed via the links at left. For additional information, contact John M. Grace, SDM industry codirector, firstname.lastname@example.org, 617.253.2081.